Experienced IT Director with 20 years of implementing improvement strategies for IT Operations, Cloud Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Telecom, and End User Support. ITIL and COBIT advocate driving measurable improvements to downtimes, cost, and business impact. Developed a wide range of high-performing IT teams, cultivating a culture of technical innovation, project delivery and white-glove support. Strategic planner aligning technology roadmaps with business objectives driving optimal performance, operational efficiency, and quantifiable ROI. Looking forward to continue growing as a Director of Information Technology with an innovative organization.
Strategy & Roadmap
Adaptive Problem Solver
End Point Technology
H&R Block, Calgary, Alberta
2014 – 2023
- Lead IT Operations, Cloud Infrastructure, SRE, Cybersecurity, Telecom, and Support with a team of 4 direct reports, 52 full-time and 26 seasonal associates.
- Accountable for $12 million of a $22 million departmental budget.
- Overseeing multi-year IT roadmaps for 1000 Company and Franchise office locations throughout Canada.
- Led Azure SRE and DevOps cloud modernization, resulting in a 90% reduction in systems downtime.
- Strengthened security through endpoint vulnerability management, reducing risk register ratings by 30%.
- Successfully manage large-scale national projects, meeting key objectives and budgets.
- Implemented FinOps practices, achieving 10% infrastructure cost savings yearly.
- Deployed proactive monitoring and Event Management resulting in a 10% decrease in end-user outages.
- Implemented a continuous improvement program, reducing support tickets by 25% through automation
and self-serve options.
- Champion ITSM and drive ITIL Service Operation process management through ServiceNow.
- Lead Major Incident and Change Management, improving stakeholder communication and SLA
- Successfully transitioned regional support to a national centralized model, achieving a 30% cost reduction.
- Strategically directing support for 1.5M external customers via third-party Call Centre partnerships.
- Increased customer NPS satisfaction for Support by 20% through feedback collection and incident analysis.
- Develop custom stakeholder-centric Power BI performance dashboards and reports.
- Strategically planned and managed all corporate and retail hardware and software, retail technology, and ITSM support processes.
- Restructured and outsourced Telecom account, IMAC, and expense management, resulting in a 25% operational cost reduction and overall
- Telecom savings of $1M over two years.
- Reorganized internal support teams to a unified model, increasing first-contact resolution by 20% and promoting higher end-user satisfaction.
- Developed operational policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines for Tax
- Season Readiness.
Oversaw the Customer Call Centre restructuring, improving call quality and ROI through outsourcing.
- Cross-functional management of the PMO and BA Teams.
- Department lead, managing the Service Desk, Deskside Support, Technical R&D and IT Procurement.
- Led overall strategic direction and operation of end-user support.
- Established strong partnerships as a trusted “Business Relationship Manager” across Business Operations, Field Services, Corporate Services, and Executive
- Developed and communicated performance metrics through various Morning Reports, Executive dashboards, and daily KPI Reports.
- Transformed services from reactive to proactive by creating a “Maturity Road Map” and implementing ITSM/ITIL processes.
- Oversaw multi-client Support Desk and Technical solutions, ensuring timely resolution of end-user issues and recommended solutions to incident trends.
- Implemented ITSM processes, enhancing service delivery to meet contractual client SLAs.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to streamline operations, improve the customer experience,
and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Managed IT projects, delivering solutions to meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Conducted comprehensive IT assessments, identifying gaps and recommending tailored solutions to
align technology with customer business goals.
Education and Professional Development
2023 – Project Management Foundations
2023 – COBIT 2019 Foundation
2021 – Situational Leadership v2.0
2016 – Business Relationship Management Fundamentals
2014 – Support Center Director Certification
2013 – Support Center Manager Certification
2010 – ITIL 4 Intermediate Certification. Service Strategy, Service Operations
2009 – Leadership Skills for the Technical Professional
2008 – VMware Certified Professional
1997 – MCSE NT 4.0 and MCP, Microsoft Certification Program
1995 – Partial Applied Information Systems Technology, SAIT